Tomorrow, the annual festival di Sanremo starts in Italy. Before the start of the contest, all the participants were (secretly) able to express their wish to represent Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest. If the winner does not want to go to Liverpool, RAI selects another contestant. The show will start at 20.40 CET and you can watch it here.
Fourteen songs will be presented tomorrow:
- Anna Oxa sings “Sali (canto dell’anima)”
- Ariete sings “Mare di guai”
- Colla Zio sings “Non mi va”
- Coma_Cose sings “L’addio”
- Elodie sings “Due”
- Gianluca Grignani sings “Quando ti manca il fiato”
- Gianmaria sings “Mostro”
- I Cugini di Campagna sings “Lettera 22”
- Leo Gassmann sings “Terzo cuore”
- Mara Sattei sings “Duemilaminuti”
- Marco Mengoni sings “Due vite”
- Mr. Rain sings “Supereroi”
- Olly sings “Polvere”
- Ultimo sings “Alba”
Anna Oxa took part in SanRemo 1987 (7th), 1989 (with Fausto Leali, 1st), 1990 (4th), 1997 (2nd) and 2011. She represented Italy in the 1989 Eurovision Song Contest with “Avrei voluto”.
Coma_Cose took part in SanRemo 2021 (20th).
Elodie sang in SanRemo 2017 (8th) and 2020 (7th).
Gianluca Grignani took part in 2015 (8th).
Marco Mengoni won SanRemo 2015 and represented Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest with “L’essenziale”.
Ultimo was the runner up in SanRemo 2019.
Note that we only mentioned the SanRemo participation in the years that RAI selected the Eurovision participant from the festival.