Weekly Update

It’s time for your weekly update about Eurovision. This week brings announcements from across Europe, from new concerts to official bids and selection plans. Here’s everything you need to know.

🇮🇹 Eurofesta brings Eurovision to Italy

For the first time, Italy will host its own large-scale Eurovision concert. Eurofesta will take place on August 31 in the city of Trieste. Over 30 Eurovision artists will perform on one stage in this brand-new outdoor event.

The show promises a mix of past winners, fan favourites, and recent participants. With so many big names involved, fans are in for an unforgettable night. The full lineup and ticket information are now available on the official Eurofesta website.

🇳🇱 Het Grote Songfestivalfeest returns to Amsterdam

One of the most popular Eurovision concerts is back. On November 14, Het Grote Songfestivalfeest returns to the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam. The event will once again bring together Eurovision legends from past and present.

This year’s show already includes names like Kaleen, Käärijä, and Johnny Logan. Many more acts will follow. Fans can expect a spectacular evening full of iconic Eurovision hits. You can find all details and tickets at the official event site.

📷 EBU/Chloe Hashemi

🇦🇹 Innsbrück officially bids for Eurovision 2026

Innsbrück has officially announced its bid to host the Eurovision Song Contest 2026. The city joins others in Austria, including Vienna and Graz, in the race to welcome Europe’s biggest music show.

According to ORF Tirol, the city is confident. Innsbrück highlights its experience with major events and the Olympiahalle as a suitable venue. Mayor Johannes Anzengruber said the city can offer “heart and competence” to organize a unique contest. The final decision on the host city will be made in August.

📷 Michael aus Halle, Wikimedia Commons

🇱🇺 Luxembourg holds Eurovision songwriting camp

Luxembourg is working hard on its Eurovision comeback. Last week, a songwriting camp took place at Rockhal, where 45 artists and producers joined forces to write new songs. The camp was organised in collaboration with the national broadcaster.

Participants came from all over Europe, including past Eurovision contributors. Each day, they created new tracks, some of which may end up in national finals—or even Eurovision itself. More details are available in the RTL Luxembourg article.

🇸🇲 San Marino questions its future Eurovision involvement

San Marino’s future at Eurovision is under review. SMRTV Director Roberto Sergio announced they are “seriously considering not participating” without clearer voting transparency. He said they’re talking to the EBU and fellow microstates. The decision about Eurovision 2026 participation will come after those talks. Source is this announcement on X.

📷 EBU

🇬🇷 Greece announces national final for 2026

Big news from Greece: ERT has confirmed that the country will return to a national final for Eurovision 2026. After several years of internal selections, Greece is opening up the process once again.

The plan includes two semifinals and a grand final, scheduled early next year. According to Ieidiseis, the selection will take place during a special Eurovision week.

With a strong result in 2025, Greece is now building momentum. The broadcaster hopes that this new format will engage more fans and deliver another strong Eurovision entry.

That’s all for this weekly update. Stay tuned to EurovisionUniverse.com for more news and developments as we march toward the next Eurovision season. Each week brings something new – and as this update shows, preparations for 2025 and even 2026 are already in full swing across Europe!

Share

Related news

News

Weekly update

It’s time for another weekly update on Eurovision! Broadcasters across Europe are firming up their plans for Eurovision 2026 in Vienna. New confirmations and selection news rolling in. Here are this week’s top stories: Participation Confirmations: Montenegro & Ukraine 🇲🇪 Montenegro: Montenegro’s public broadcaster RTCG has signaled it intends to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest 2026. At an RTCG council meeting on 25 August, General Director Boris Raonić stated that “Montenegro’s participation in Eurovision is not in question”. This comes despite some internal debat. One council member argued against the expense. The exact method for selecting Montenegro’s 2026 entry will depend on budget and is set to be finalized in September. Montenegro last took part in Eurovision 2025 with Nina Žižić’s “Dobrodošli”. source: vijesti.me 📷 EBU/Sarah Louise Bennett 🇺🇦 Ukraine: Ukraine has confirmed its participation in Eurovision 2026. Suspilne (the Ukrainian broadcaster) officially announced that Ukraine will “take part in the 70th Eurovision Song Contest” It’s the first time Ukraine returns to a contest in Austria after missing 2015 due to financial issues. Suspilne will once again select Ukraine’s representative for Vienna through the Vidbir national final, and the broadcaster is discussing improvements to the selection process. Head of Delegation Oksana Skybinska highlighted Eurovision’s importance as an opportunity to showcase Ukraine’s unique “musical DNA” to the world source: corp.suspilne.media. Song Submission Windows Close in Finland & Switzerland 🇫🇮 Finland: Finland’s Eurovision selection UMK 2026 has closed its song submission window. Yle opened applications for Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu on 18 August and accepted entries until 24 August. All aspiring artists and songwriters have now sent in their songs. The Finnish broadcaster will next review the submissions – with the chosen UMK contestants to be revealed in January. The UMK final is set for 28 February 2026 in Tampere, where Finland’s next Eurovision act will be selected. source: YLE 🇨🇭 Switzerland: The Swiss selection for Eurovision 2026 has also hit a major milestone. Its song submission window closed on 25 August. SRG SSR’s open call for entries ran from 4 August until today 25 August at 23:00 CEST. Artists, producers and writers could submit up to five songs each. With submissions now shut, the Swiss selection moves into several audition rounds to pick the nation’s entry. A mix of juries, including Swiss and international audience panels and an expert jury of former Eurovision jurors, will assess the songs in the coming weeks. The winning song and artist are expected to be chosen by late 2025, with an official announcement in early 2026  source: eurovoix.com. 📷 EBU/Alma Bengtsson Stay tuned for more Eurovision news next week. The countdown to Vienna 2026 continues. We’ll keep you updated on all the developments! Share

Share
Read More »
News
Martijn

Weekly update

It’s time for another weekly update on Eurovision! Broadcasters across Europe are firming up their plans for Eurovision 2026 in Vienna. New confirmations and selection news rolling in. Here are this week’s top stories: Participation Confirmations: Montenegro & Ukraine 🇲🇪 Montenegro: Montenegro’s public broadcaster RTCG has signaled it intends to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest 2026. At an RTCG council meeting on 25 August, General Director Boris Raonić stated that “Montenegro’s participation in Eurovision is not in question”. This comes despite some internal debat. One council member argued against the expense. The exact method for selecting Montenegro’s 2026 entry will depend on budget and is set to be finalized in September. Montenegro last took part in Eurovision 2025 with Nina Žižić’s “Dobrodošli”. source: vijesti.me 📷 EBU/Sarah Louise Bennett 🇺🇦 Ukraine: Ukraine has confirmed its participation in Eurovision 2026. Suspilne (the Ukrainian broadcaster) officially announced that Ukraine will “take part in the 70th Eurovision Song Contest” It’s the first time Ukraine returns to a contest in Austria after missing 2015 due to financial issues. Suspilne will once again select Ukraine’s representative for Vienna through the Vidbir national final, and the broadcaster is discussing improvements to the selection process. Head of Delegation Oksana Skybinska highlighted Eurovision’s importance as an opportunity to showcase Ukraine’s unique “musical DNA” to the world source: corp.suspilne.media. Song Submission Windows Close in Finland & Switzerland 🇫🇮 Finland: Finland’s Eurovision selection UMK 2026 has closed its song submission window. Yle opened applications for Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu on 18 August and accepted entries until 24 August. All aspiring artists and songwriters have now sent in their songs. The Finnish broadcaster will next review the submissions – with the chosen UMK contestants to be revealed in January. The UMK final is set for 28 February 2026 in Tampere, where Finland’s next Eurovision act will be selected. source: YLE 🇨🇭 Switzerland: The Swiss selection for Eurovision 2026 has also hit a major milestone. Its song submission window closed on 25 August. SRG SSR’s open call for entries ran from 4 August until today 25 August at 23:00 CEST. Artists, producers and writers could submit up to five songs each. With submissions now shut, the Swiss selection moves into several audition rounds to pick the nation’s entry. A mix of juries, including Swiss and international audience panels and an expert jury of former Eurovision jurors, will assess the songs in the coming weeks. The winning song and artist are expected to be chosen by late 2025, with an official announcement in early 2026  source: eurovoix.com. 📷 EBU/Alma Bengtsson Stay tuned for more Eurovision news next week. The countdown to Vienna 2026 continues. We’ll keep you updated on all the developments! Share

Share
Read More »