Sweden chooses Melodifestivalen heat 3 qualifiers

Tonight’s third heat of the Swedish super show Melodifestivalen has come to an end, and we have a result!

The first qualifiers were Marcus & Martinus. The Norweigan brothers brought an EDM pop called “Air’, with a budget spent on lots of lasers. Since it’s rehearsal earlier this week, the brothers have skyrocketed to the 2nd place in the betting odds. Will they win Melodifestivalen 2023?

 

The second qualifier is Paul Rey with “Royals”! We’ve known him since 2020, where “Talking In My Sleep” got him to 6th place in the final. In 2021 he gave it another shot, with “The Missing Piece” where he went on from Andra Chansen to the final. 

 

The Semi Finalists of this week are Nordman & Melanie Wehde! Will they make it to the final? We will know it in 2 weeks.

Related news

Eurovision 2026

Weekly Update 1

🇧🇬 DARA returns home to a hero’s welcome in Bulgaria Bulgaria celebrated its first ever Eurovision victory in style this week. On Sunday, a red carpet, a “Bangaranga” flash mob at Sofia’s Vasil Levski Airport, and hundreds of fans waving posters and Bulgarian flags, some dressed in traditional kukeri costumes, greeted DARA upon her arrival from Vienna.  Culture Minister Evtim Miloshev and Sofia Mayor Vasil Terziev were among the officials who welcomed her. That was before she disappeared into the sea of supporters gathered at the terminal. DARA addressed the crowd with an emotional speech. She thanked her fans and called on Bulgaria to support its many talented artists. Her music producer Sania Armutlieva told BNT: “There’s no slowing down now. This is her moment.”  DARA secured victory in Vienna on May 16 with the largest winning margin in Eurovision’s 70-year history, receiving 516 points in total, including 312 from viewers. source: brnnews 🇧🇬 Kirkorov claims involvement in “Bangaranga” — co-writer and team deny it The post-contest buzz has not been without controversy. Videos circulated online after the final showing Russian singer Philipp Kirkorov discussing Bulgaria’s Eurovision performance and claiming that his team had participated in preparing DARA’s stage production. Kirkorov is a long-standing public supporter of Russian President Vladimir Putin. According to Eurovision’s official credits, Greek composer Dimitris Kontopoulos was among the writers of “Bangaranga.” Kontopoulos has an established history of collaboration with Kirkorov, having worked together on several Russian Eurovision entries in the 2010s. source:  united24media Philipp Kirkorov However, both denied Kirkorov’s involvement in this specific project. Kontopoulos told RFI on May 18 that while Kirkorov has supported him over the years, he was not involved in this particular project. Co-producer Kristian Tarcea also denied any Kirkorov involvement, stating the track was created by four contributors: himself, DARA, Kontopoulos, and a composer named Anna.  Ukrainian stage designer Nicholas Chobb, who worked on the performance, said he first learned of Kirkorov’s claims on social media and could not confirm his participation at any stage of the production process. Neither DARA nor Bulgaria’s public broadcaster BNT publicly commented on Kirkorov’s statements. source: united24media 🇧🇬 Four Bulgarian cities want to host Eurovision 2027 The race for the Eurovision 2027 host city has already begun. Bulgarian Culture Minister Evtim Miloshev confirmed that the Council of Ministers will create an organisational structure for the country’s hosting of the Eurovision Song Contest.  Sofia, Bulgaria Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Burgas have all expressed interest in staging the event. The minister indicated that Sofia’s infrastructure gives it an advantage, but called the interest shown by three other major cities a positive sign. He said the most reasonable approach is to consider all options before making a final decision. No timeline for that decision has been announced yet. source: bnrnews 🇱🇺 🇲🇨 In memoriam: Romuald (1938–2026) The Eurovision community lost a unique figure this week. Romuald Figuier, known simply as Romuald, passed away on 14 May 2026. He was 87 years old. Born on 9 May 1938 in Saint-Pol-de-Léon, Finistère, Romuald was a French singer and composer who represented three different countries at Eurovision. He remains the only French-speaking artist to have achieved that distinction. Romuald represented Monaco in 1964 with “Où sont-elles passées?”, finishing third, then Luxembourg in 1969 with “Catherine”, and Monaco again in 1974 with “Celui qui reste et celui qui s’en va”, finishing fourth.  He began his career at the Théâtre des Variétés and later provided the French voice of George Chakiris in “Les Demoiselles de Rochefort” in 1967. Throughout his career he composed numerous songs, many in collaboration with lyricist Magali Fallourd. You can read his full biography in our encyclopedia. source: Le Figaro That’s it for this week’s Eurovision Universe weekly update. Stay tuned for more Eurovision 2026 and Eurovision 2027 news as it develops.

Read More »
Eurovision 2026
Martijn

Weekly Update 1

🇧🇬 DARA returns home to a hero’s welcome in Bulgaria Bulgaria celebrated its first ever Eurovision victory in style this week. On Sunday, a red carpet, a “Bangaranga” flash mob at Sofia’s Vasil Levski Airport, and hundreds of fans waving posters and Bulgarian flags, some dressed in traditional kukeri costumes, greeted DARA upon her arrival from Vienna.  Culture Minister Evtim Miloshev and Sofia Mayor Vasil Terziev were among the officials who welcomed her. That was before she disappeared into the sea of supporters gathered at the terminal. DARA addressed the crowd with an emotional speech. She thanked her fans and called on Bulgaria to support its many talented artists. Her music producer Sania Armutlieva told BNT: “There’s no slowing down now. This is her moment.”  DARA secured victory in Vienna on May 16 with the largest winning margin in Eurovision’s 70-year history, receiving 516 points in total, including 312 from viewers. source: brnnews 🇧🇬 Kirkorov claims involvement in “Bangaranga” — co-writer and team deny it The post-contest buzz has not been without controversy. Videos circulated online after the final showing Russian singer Philipp Kirkorov discussing Bulgaria’s Eurovision performance and claiming that his team had participated in preparing DARA’s stage production. Kirkorov is a long-standing public supporter of Russian President Vladimir Putin. According to Eurovision’s official credits, Greek composer Dimitris Kontopoulos was among the writers of “Bangaranga.” Kontopoulos has an established history of collaboration with Kirkorov, having worked together on several Russian Eurovision entries in the 2010s. source:  united24media Philipp Kirkorov However, both denied Kirkorov’s involvement in this specific project. Kontopoulos told RFI on May 18 that while Kirkorov has supported him over the years, he was not involved in this particular project. Co-producer Kristian Tarcea also denied any Kirkorov involvement, stating the track was created by four contributors: himself, DARA, Kontopoulos, and a composer named Anna.  Ukrainian stage designer Nicholas Chobb, who worked on the performance, said he first learned of Kirkorov’s claims on social media and could not confirm his participation at any stage of the production process. Neither DARA nor Bulgaria’s public broadcaster BNT publicly commented on Kirkorov’s statements. source: united24media 🇧🇬 Four Bulgarian cities want to host Eurovision 2027 The race for the Eurovision 2027 host city has already begun. Bulgarian Culture Minister Evtim Miloshev confirmed that the Council of Ministers will create an organisational structure for the country’s hosting of the Eurovision Song Contest.  Sofia, Bulgaria Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Burgas have all expressed interest in staging the event. The minister indicated that Sofia’s infrastructure gives it an advantage, but called the interest shown by three other major cities a positive sign. He said the most reasonable approach is to consider all options before making a final decision. No timeline for that decision has been announced yet. source: bnrnews 🇱🇺 🇲🇨 In memoriam: Romuald (1938–2026) The Eurovision community lost a unique figure this week. Romuald Figuier, known simply as Romuald, passed away on 14 May 2026. He was 87 years old. Born on 9 May 1938 in Saint-Pol-de-Léon, Finistère, Romuald was a French singer and composer who represented three different countries at Eurovision. He remains the only French-speaking artist to have achieved that distinction. Romuald represented Monaco in 1964 with “Où sont-elles passées?”, finishing third, then Luxembourg in 1969 with “Catherine”, and Monaco again in 1974 with “Celui qui reste et celui qui s’en va”, finishing fourth.  He began his career at the Théâtre des Variétés and later provided the French voice of George Chakiris in “Les Demoiselles de Rochefort” in 1967. Throughout his career he composed numerous songs, many in collaboration with lyricist Magali Fallourd. You can read his full biography in our encyclopedia. source: Le Figaro That’s it for this week’s Eurovision Universe weekly update. Stay tuned for more Eurovision 2026 and Eurovision 2027 news as it develops.

Read More »
Follow Us: